Reports To: Board of Directors via the Chair/President
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operations of the Greater Lake City Chamber of Commerce. The position is tasked with the creation, development, and implementation of new events and functions for the betterment of the Chamber and its members. The Executive Director will serve as the point of contact between the Board of Directors, Chamber members, outside entities, and the Greater Lake City community. Other duties include social media and website management, weekly e-newsletters, financial management, and personnel management, among others. The Executive Director is self- motivated, enthusiastic, well organized, and creative.
The Executive Director will work a 16-hour flexible schedule per week, to include time both in and out of the office, as well as after-hours events/functions as needed.
- Oversee the general finances of the Chamber.
- Develop an annual budget for the Chamber’s operations that delineates projected revenues and expenses and a projected new profit as appropriate to be approved by the Board.
- Lead, direct, and develop fund-raising strategies and capital campaigns. - Monitor Chamber’s fiscal condition.
- Oversee the management of Chamber staff, including hiring, firing, performance reviews, salary administration, and general supervision.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Chamber, including management of programs, staffing, membership, and marketing efforts.
- Work with the Chair/President to prepare agendas and materials for Board meetings.
- Develop goals and objectives for recommendation to the Board.
- Serve as the principal spokesperson and ambassador for the Chamber.
- Represent the Chamber at business and community events, meetings, etc.
- Build partnerships with other organizations.
- Develop and maintain a positive, helpful relationship with city and county government, neighboring Chambers, and the State Chamber.
- Direct and develop goals and long-range plans of the Chamber.
- Attend Chamber Board committee meetings and provide staff support to committee efforts.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Outstanding time management and event planning skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration on many levels with many groups.
- Supervisory skills, including ability to plan, organize, lead, delegate, and monitor.
- Working knowledge of local, regional, and state-level political systems and experience in developing collaborative relationships in these areas.
- Proficient in development of marketing strategies, to include social media and website management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, or comparable professional experience attained through military, industry, or association service required.
Certifications and Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Part-Time, Salaried.